“Please sign the cheque, Rajnikanth is going to be your brand ambassador.” If you had that kind of money, then you shouldn’t be worried about the topic that we are going to explain in the blog. Celebrities earn a considerable sum on advertisements by representing for a brand. Sachin Tendulkar, Dhoni, Amitabh Bhachan, Shahrukh Khan, Alia Bhatt, and Varun Dhawan have been on a run as more and more brands use them as their brand ambassadors. They do influencer marketing for a mass market. A drink promoted by a celebrity influences our decision making on the product.
Can everyone afford a brand ambassador?
It is not just about spending money on Brand Ambassadors, but you will also spend a lot on TV Commercials and Newspaper Ads.
So what could be an alternative?
Influencer marketing is an innovative way to reach out to your target audience. A good influencer marketing strategy will help you reach out to your target audience and get more leads.
Why go for Influencer Marketing?
Here are some of the benefits of Influencer Marketing
1. An influencer is a sign of trust for the industryA good influencer will be able considered an authoritative for the statement that he or she would be giving. For e.g.: A tech Youtuber or blogger have hundreds of thousands of followers would be a right influencer for promoting a laptop or mobile phone.
2. Create engagement . A mention, tweet or post by the influencer could lead to a discussion or engagement on the social platform, thus helping companies to gain significant brand recall.
3. Drive website visits, leads, and sales:An influencer can drive towards a purchase decision. The followers tend to collect more information about the product or service mentioned by the influencer online. Thus, they are the best way to drive online traffic for the website.
4. More than Impressions and Clicks.
While you spend a lot of money on banner ads and search ads, they are not influencing the decision making of your target customer. An influencer marketing will have a specific call to action mentioned in it to drive visitor sales for the brand.If rightly devised an influencer marketing strategy can drive relevant traffic for the website.
What are the different ways in which an influencer marketing is done?
1. Explore an option to do guest blogging at the influencer’s website
2. Provide free access to your product and request them to share their experience
3. Request them to run a contest or giveaway
4. Let them run campaigns with discount codes
5. They could make subtle mentions about your product or service in their social media posts/ tweets
6. Co-creating content with Influencer to push content into various platforms
7. Paid advertorial in the influencer’s website
Don’t get excited by the number of website visitors that an influencer own or the number of followers they have in Social Channel. An ideal influencer should be writing or should be an expert in the industry that you are in, should be addressing the same target audience like that of yours and relevance of the content for your kind of business. A good number of followers on Instagram would just mean that the photos posted by the individual are good and it will take a long time for them to push a brand.
If you require advice on Influencer marketing, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org